Monday 13 May 2013

Authentic Activities (Psychology 12)




This has been an amazing week with my students!  First of all, it's been an unusual week because we have had 2 major activities that are very different from our regular classroom format. The first activity was an infant/toddler/preschooler panel where we had 3 moms bring in 7 children.  My students were to observe and interact with the kids, watching how they play, what they are able to do developmentally etc.  Both of my students I am "lensing"were engaged in the activity and participated with the kids.  They were two of the most involved students and they shone!   The second activity was where our Psych class planned, organized and put on a  party for our special education students.  Again, my students participated in a big way!   They did their assigned jobs and were fully engaged in the class.  Today we debriefed the party activity in class and students were fully engaged in the class discussion.  It is obvious to me that the practical, hands on, real life stuff is what certain students relate to best. 


 Post courtesy of Dana Kocsis

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,

    I was very pleased to learn about the great success you had with these two projects. I am always impressed by teachers who continue to extend themselves to improve the experience of students in their classes. Great job!

    Don

    ReplyDelete